Pinterest

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Method: 

First,
I cleaned and baked the bell peppers like Rachael Ray suggests. Cut in half, slat and peppered, bake cut side down in a hot oven or until tender and slightly charred.

Next, I made the quinoa according to package directions. I used Roland brand Roasted Garlic flavor.

Then,  I sauteed together: 
a pat of butter and a bit of olive oil
a small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
a small egg plant, cubed
1 yellow squash, cubed
2 zucchini squash, cubed.
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 roma tomatoes
Salt & pepper to taste

Next, I cooked up a package of mild italian sausage. The ground kind without casing. 

Next, I drizzled a bit of olive oil in my baking dish. I placed the peppers in the dish and then layered everything: quinoa, veggies, cheese, sausage. I used only a tablespoon at a time continuing layers until they were full. Then I topped with cheese.

I baked at 350 until warmed through.

Got the idea from Rachael Ray's recipe, which you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment