Pinterest

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Toasted Marshmallow Cake - Easy!


So, I found this recipe online tonight, and I just happened to have the ingredients. So why not try it?

1 package Jet-Puff toasted-coconut marshmallows cut in half.
1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix prepared per package directions. 

Spread marshmallows, cut side down, on the bottom of a non-stick-sprayed (9x13 inch) glass baking dish. Pour batter over the marshmallows and bake per the package directions. The marshmallows will come to the top forming a glaze or frosting!








Yes, I admit for some reason or another there was a cake mix in my pantry. It probably stumbled into the house by accident. I probably got it for next to nothing or free with the purchase of something else. I don’t really remember!

Anyway, long story short. This recipe is easy. However, the glaze I was promised did not appear on my cake. I would have tried to turn it out but it proved impossible.

I thought, “oh well, I will just ice it…” The problem is, I haven’t made a box cake in I don’t know how long. It is much lighter in texture than most cakes I like to deal with. The result was cakeicide… I killed it. It tore up. It’s really ugly, but it tastes pretty good.
 
No, I didn't take a picture of the crime scene. It’s better left forgotten!

You might want to try it. You may have better luck than I did… Then, you can tell me what the heck I did wrong! 







2 comments: