Copied & Tweaked This Recipe from a Facebook post:
Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake
· 1 yellow cake mix
· 3 whole eggs
· 1/4 cup oil
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1/2 cup water
· 4-6 bananas sliced 1/4 inch thick
· 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/2 cup butter
· 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
· 2 Tbsp. EACH Malibu (coconut rum), Rum, and Banana Liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
3. Place banana slices evenly on the bottom of the two cake pans.
4. In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. Pour half of the brown sugar mixture into each of the 2 round cake pans over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
5. Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into the two pans, dividing equally.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle or brush on 1 tbsp each Malibu, Rum, Banana Liqueur. Allow to soak in.
8. Invert onto serving dishes. Slice to serve. Sprinkle on 1 tbsp. each liqueur. Allow to soak in. Serve.