Pinterest

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Flourless Chocolate Cookies

These look yummy, but we will file under Pinterest fail. Not because I couldn't make them. I did. They just weren't as yummy as they were promised. Easy to make, but all I could taste was powdered sugar. They were not much better on day two. Will I throw them out? No, but neither will I make them again. 



3 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 large egg whites
1 T. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. semisweet mini chocolate chips

The directions state to whisk together dry ingredients. Then to whisk in the vanilla and egg whites. Then add in the chocolate chips. Super easy. Except. you can't just whisk this up. You need to get out the wooden spoon to stir it up completely... oh and a rubber spat because this batter is like glue. 

Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crackly on top. 

On another note, looking at the picture of their final product and mine. I think they left out a step. Perhaps they whipped the whites to stiff peaks and then folded in the dry ingredients.  Hey, I guess either way this is a "68 calorie" cookie. 

...OK, maybe I will attempt these again and add that step just to see if I like the results better. On the other hand, that sounds like meringues which I adore. 


Original recipe from ihearteating






No comments:

Post a Comment