Pinterest

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cranberry Tea



I got this cranberry tea in a can on a road trip. Normally, I'm not a tea-in-a-can fan, but it will do in a pinch. After tasting this, I decided it was ok, but it could be great.  I read the ingredients on the can as a reference. So, off to the kitchen we go.....

For half a gallon (almost 2L) I used:

  • 2 large tea bags
  • 1 Splenda quick pack
  • 1 small (10 oz.) bottle of 100% cran-grape juice
  • about 1/2 c. apple juice (I didn't measure just poured)
  • the juice from 1/2 a lemon, hand-squeezed. 
  • Bottled water to fill to the top
  • Crushed ice 



Start by brewing your tea. Heat the water, add tea bags let steep about 5 min. Pour all ingredients but the water into the pitcher, give it a stir. Add plenty of ice, and top off with the bottled water, and give another stir. Yes, you can use tap water, but I live in a place where it's unbearable/unthinkable to drink.

In retrospect, I would have left out the splenda or used about 1/2 the packet. This came out way to syrupy sweet for me.  So I guess I will try again later :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment