Pinterest

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sweet Carrot Slaw

This salad was so yummy! I need to share the recipe. The original recipe is found on Serious Eats. I made a few changes, and I really want to record the recipe. I actually intended to make the original, but I used what I had on hand. 

For the dressing you need:
  • 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
  • The zest and juice of 1 small lemon
  • 2-3 oz. orange juice
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp. sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • Fresh ground pepper to taste
Other ingredients:
  • 1 (10 oz.) bag Sweet Carrot Slaw*
  • 3 scallions (green onion), finely chopped
  • 1/2 c. Craisins
  • 1/4 c. toasted almonds
Whisk together the dressing in the salad bowl. Add the Sweet Carrot Slaw & scallions and toss. Cover and let set refrigerated for an hour. Toss in Crasins and toasted almonds and serve.


*Green Giant Sweet Carrot Slaw is shredded
carrot, broccoli, and red cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment