Pinterest

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spiced Kettle Corn



I love this recipe!
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
4 tablespoons sugar
fine salt, to taste
ground cinnamon, to taste
cayenne, to taste

Read the original recipe and directions here.


MY CHANGES:
I always use unsalted butter, so I have control over the amount of sodium.
I like to use corn, canola or light olive oil.
More sugar. Hey, I have a sweet tooth, ok?!
Less salt. Really I don't measure the seasoning. I spread the popped corn onto a sheet of wax paper and shake on the salt, cinnamon and cayenne to taste. I don't always remember to put salt!

Update 2-18-15, FOR MYSELF. Please double check your points with your ingredients! 
WW Points: whole recipe 27 points!! Oh, ok, maybe I don't have to eat the whole thing! If I eat 1/8 of the recipe that's 3 points, 1/4 is 7 points. I guess I have to see what I can afford!



No comments:

Post a Comment