Pinterest

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Momma's Fried Cabbage

Growing up, I didn’t have a problem eating most veggies. I think it’s because my mom gave everything a good dose of butter (OK, I’ll admit it, margarine…), microscopically diced onions, and seasoning.

This was one of her go to recipes, that’s not really a recipe. Just one of those things you throw together to feed your mob of hungry children. A quick and easy side dish.

Step One: Melt some butter in a pan … oh how much? Mom would say “A lot!” I think I used 2-3 tablespoons… Shh… don’t tell her! I’m sure she used a stick…lol

Step two: sauté a little bit of finely chopped onion. No, I don’t know how much a tablespoon or two. Depends on how much you like onion.

Step three: Add in some sliced mushrooms, and a sliced yellow squash or zucchini. Give it a stir. Cook it a minute or two before proceeding to step 4.

Step Four: Add in some chopped cabbage. Stir every now and then until it cooks down. Add some salt and pepper. Taste it. Do you need more butter?

Voilà you are ready to serve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment