Pinterest

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Momma's Fried Cabbage

Growing up, I didnt have a problem eating most veggies. I think its because my mom gave everything a good dose of butter (OK, Ill admit it, margarine), microscopically diced onions, and seasoning.

This was one of her go to recipes, thats not really a recipe. Just one of those things you throw together to feed your mob of hungry children. A quick and easy side dish.

Step One: Melt some butter in a pan oh how much? Mom would say A lot! I think I used 2-3 tablespoons Shh dont tell her! Im sure she used a sticklol

Step two: sauté a little bit of finely chopped onion. No, I dont know how much a tablespoon or two. Depends on how much you like onion.

Step three: Add in some sliced mushrooms, and a sliced yellow squash or zucchini. Give it a stir. Cook it a minute or two before proceeding to step 4.

Step Four: Add in some chopped cabbage. Stir every now and then until it cooks down. Add some salt and pepper. Taste it. Do you need more butter?

Voilà you are ready to serve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment