Pinterest

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kae's Naughty Cranberry Sauce


Well, After searching the internet for a great cranberry sauce recipe and much study, this is what I came up with.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Cranberry Sauce



Kae's Naughty Cranberry Sauce


1 (12oz) bag fresh cranberries
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
2 pieces candied ginger, minced (1 Tbsp. of fresh grated ginger would be good, too)
1 pear, peeled and chopped
1 apple, peeled and chopped
2 oz. rum ;)  <--that's the naughty part!
Just enough water to cover (I used about 3/4 cup)

I put everything in a large sauce pot and cooked until the cranberries started popping. Then, I took out a little bit of the fruit. Used a stick blender to puree the rest. I left it kind of chunky, cuz that's what I like. I added the reserved fruit back in for more texture. Taste it. You may want to add another 1/4 c. or so of white sugar. Simmer until it's a bit thicker. Remember it will thicken as it cools.
This made about 3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment